Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Rain, Rain, go away, come again another day....

It's raining cats and dogs outside. It's downright cold too. I had to dig through my closet and bust out my pea coat I got for this past winter. I was actually secretly very happy it was cold enough for the pea coat, I spent far too little time prancing around in that coat this year. I love the pea coat. I don't feel like it was worth the money I spent on it, because again, I spent far too little time prancing around in it this year.

Last night I was worried about Chunk. He had gone to Colorado Springs (about an hour and a half away) to visit with my sister Carie and her family. He had said he planned on going down there right after class and that was at 1 pm I think, so naturally, when 1 am rolled around and I hadn't heard from him, I was flat out worried. Earlier in the evening, around 10 or 11, I started to wonder what had become of my little Chunkito. I busied myself with chatting, and eating candy, and making little crafts. I made him a present. I can't say what it is yet because he hasn't gotten it yet. Let's just say I made it very personalized, and I created it with my own 2 hands, along with some glue. HeHe. He's gonna love it. I want to send it to him before he comes out here so I had better get on the ball. Finally, after I made his present, it was around 1 am, and I was giving up waiting, because I was dead tired. So I left him an offline message and went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, sure enough, he had some car troubles and his parents had to come all the way down there to tow him. He started having troubles in Monument, which isn't that far from The Springs, but Carie and Zeb don't have a phone so he couldn't have called them if he wanted to. He made it to Castle Rock, which is kinda halfway between Colorado Springs and Denver. I knew something was amiss. I am just thankful he's ok.

I had a job interview this morning at Startek, because Kroger is barely working me at all. The interview seemed to have gone really well. The gentlemen said they wouldn't be making a decision for a couple more weeks. Blah. I hate waiting to hear back about stuff like this. I think I will be hired, because I had an answer for all of his questions ( he gave me a couple toughies) and I tried to exhibit confidence. Plus I looked kinda cute, if that counts for anything hehe. I wore my suit I bought for speech tournaments. It's a black blazer and slacks with very light pink pinstripes. I wore a black blouse underneath and my retro pink medallion necklace. Everytime I wear a business suit I feel like my mom. All of my life she has worn blazers and slacks or skirts to work. I feel very grown up in a suit. The rain is slowing down a bit. This weather makes me feel sleepy. It must make my babies sleepy too, they are both napping. Naptime is one of my favorite parts of the day, although it's rare that I actually get a nap too.
I am grateful for:
Sleeping babies,
Modern medicine,
Springtime,
Fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth chances,
Moms and Grandma's,
Free will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home