Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Thursday, April 15, 2004

I cannot believe I've slacked off in my blogging. *hangs head in shame* I promise to do better. I have been busy trying to move into the apartment, dealing with school, kids, crappy work, and ex-in-laws. School has been going pretty good. I feel like I am accomplishing something finally.
***WARNING!!!!! LONG story***
So yesterday after class I pop into the library to BS with Hagan and Erica, and while I am there Ethan comes in with his girlfriend Megan. Let me just recap who Ethan is, for those who haven't read this blog all the way back to it's inception. Ethan was a guy who was in my Reader's Theatre class. He and I quickly became friends and started hanging out a lot. I can honestly say he was one of the best friends I ever had in my entire life, the kind of person you can call at 4 am to cry to (which we frequently did to one another!), the kind of person you can bare your soul too and not be afraid of being judged. He inspired me to do a lot of things better in my life and I really looked up to him a lot. Ethan started dating this girl named Megan. This was the beginning of the end of our friendship. She would come into rehearsal a lot pissed off at him for one reason or another, and demand he go out in the hall to talk to her. Everytime she'd show up, he would come back depressed, pissed off, and unwilling to put any effort into anything anymore. In fact, everytime she was around I noticed a huge change in him, and so did other people. We talked about it alot, and he would always agree with me, that he knew something just wasn't right, and he just wanted someone to love him. That made my heart tear in two, because *I* loved him, and he didn't care. He was hooked on this Megan girl, because she fulfilled needs for him that I couldn't. I didn't want to get into a relationship with him, he was my best friend. And he didn't want a relationship with me, because I have kids. Our stars were just not aligned. Megan started having problems with a medical condition, and had some surgeries. This is when things started to get really hairy between us, because now if I mentioned he had a bad attitude after being with her, he would get upset with me, and tell me "You just don't know her like I do", and things like that. Over Christmas break, we emailed one another, but really didn't hang out a whole lot. I went with him to get a tattoo finished, and it was fun, we spent several hours together. And then there would be long breaks between when I'd even get a phone call, or an email from him. One day out of the blue he asked if I wanted to go to a book store with him, and go with him to do his laundry. I was so excited, because I really missed him a lot. Megan was at work or something. So I drove over to his house, and he took me around in Megan's van to the Laundromat and stuff. We talked a lot. I felt like finally our friendship was getting back on track. A few days after that, I get a phone call from Ethan at 3 in the morning. He was upset, he and Megan had been in a little tiff, and part of it was about me. She was getting jealous of him hanging out with me, and saying things to him like , "you would date her if she didn't have kids, I know you would." He was stressing big time, and he asked me to come over. So I dropped everything and went. When I got to the door I saw his hair. It really freaked me out. A long time before, I had dyed 4 blond stripes down his head, so he kinda looked like Rufio from "Hook". (we were doing a peter pan reader's theatre) Anyways, he had decided to shave his head down to bare skin, leaving only the 4 stripes, so he basically had 4 mohawks on his head. It was freaky. We sat in his dining room, it was very quiet. We just sat and spoke softly to one another. We talked about the beautiful decorations on the wall his stepmother Cathy had made before she died. We talked about the lock of her hair that was framed on the mantle. We talked about life, love, happiness, our goals. It was very peaceful. That was the last time I really ever talked to Ethan. He started ignoring me promptly after that. We had 2 classes together, and I would see him almost every single day, yet we never spoke, and now, when we pass in the halls, we don't even look at eachother.
Ok, now that I'm done writing that novel, I will tell you about Megan yesterday. I was leaving the school building and I had my headphones on, but I thought I heard someone calling me. I turned around and it was Megan.
She said, "What's going on between you and Ethan?"
"Absolutely nothing at all.", I replied.
" I heard from Mike A. that you and Ethan were getting it on at your house at 3 am or something.", She provoked.
"No, that's not true, Nothing EVER happened between me and Ethan sexually. We never even kissed.", I shot back.
"Well that's not what I heard, and when I asked Ethan about it he got really mad at me, and now there is all this funky tension between us."
"I'm sorry, but that's just bullshit, we never did anything. We were just really good friends."
"Well I heard you hated me."
"I can't hate you, I don't even know you. I do dislike you though, and I think Ethan is arrogant"
"Ethan knows he's arrogant"
"Well good. I didn't sleep with him. But you can tell him I DID tell Mike A. I think he's arrogant, and I'm mad at him"
And blah blah blah, more uninteresting conversation. She was just being nosey, and trying to pick apart what kind of relationship Ethan and I really had, because he didn't really ever discuss it with her, and he gets mad when she brings it up. I got counseling for anger a awhile ago. It was a dang good thing too, because 2 years ago I would have punched that little hoser when she first starting biting at me. This time, I calmly explained the facts, Kept my composure and walked away. Yay me. For those of you who were bugging me for an update, there ya go. I am sure you got more than you asked for, hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home