Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Saturday, January 24, 2004

My My My....I have MUCH to update all of you, my faithful blog-readers on. First of all let me say that Steve is now officially on my psycho-males-list, but I don't really want to talk about that just yet...I would much rather talk about my weekend thus far. Yesterday morning I departed with my speech teammates and headed for Glen Ellyn Illinois. The speech tournament was at College of DuPage (CoD). I had no events on Friday, but Saturday I was double entered in Duo and also in POI. My duo was with Rebekah, and was entitled "Mother's Day" by Edith Tarbescu. In my honest opinion, our performance left much to be desired, and that opinion was reflected by the judges comments as well. My POI was on Peter Pan. It was basically parts from the readers theatre we did. I didn't do so well there either apparently, although I thought I did REALLY well for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Oh well, in the favorite cliched words of Ian Grindstaff, "Ya win some, ya lose some, easy come, easy go." I had a good time overall. I get along great with the other speech teamers. Erica made finals in Informative, I was so stoked for her. Ian made finals for Impromptu. His was freaking disgusting. He had some quote about love and danger or some business, and somehow he went off on a tangent about sex, including lines such as "they banged like banshees" and "I'd rather stick my genitals in an oven before I killed myself for a girl" (regarding Romeo and Juliet), and the closing statement was "and the next time your girlfriend asks you to do her in an elevator, you better do her in that elevator", or at least something to that effect. I was sooo embarrassed for him, but that quickly changed to shock when he won 2nd!!!!!!!!! Erica won 3rd on her informative, it was about those ink blot tests. worshach or rorshach or something. *makes note to look that up*. I read Brian Marley's blog tonight. All I can say is wowsers, that's a doozy. It's late, or early depending on your perspective and I have had a total of 4 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. I might, just might, try and go to bed. I had a great weekend, and I am looking forward to the next one, where I KNOW I WILL MAKE FINALS DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I leave you now with tidings of comfort and joy (song stuck in my head).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home