Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I took one of those silly internet quiz deals, and I decided to share it because I thought it was kind of funny. I am the Goddess of Anger,and I am weak against coffee haha. I wanted to share why I found this so humorous. When I was a teenager, I worked in a coffee shop my mother was buying from a woman named Robin. My older sister Lorie worked there full time, and I helped her out, but usually ended up doing most of the work. I made coffee drinks all day long, and I used to love to make my own creations. I was seriously addicted to coffee, my sister and I could not start our day without running down to this place by our house called "Latte Da" to get an iced mocha, or a carmel latte. It got to the point that if I didn't get my morning coffee, I would have a terrible headache all day. I started having panic attacks that year, and they were very severe. I ended up in the ER many times from hyperventilating and freaking out my family. I was refferred to a Psychologist and later a Psychiatirst, and they both agreed one thing. I had to stop the coffee. They asked me to eliminate all caffeine from my diet asap. So I did, and I had a very hard time with not drinking coffee. I would drink decaf latte's and mocha's, but sometimes I could still feel the effects of the caffeine, or at least I believed I could. My paranoia of caffeine became so great that I actually didn't eat a bite of chocolate for almost 2 years. My dad helped me break that fear by taking me down to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for some fresh fudge, where we happily gorged ourselves silly. I had a panic attack. My brain was trying to fool me to believe that all the fudge I had eaten had made me have it. I remember getting really angry with my father too, because he was the one who told me I would be fine. This whole experiement was to show me that I wouldn't die if I ate chocolate. Thanks Dad!! When I started investigating the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when I was 18, I learned that we are not to partake of coffee or tea. It was easy for me to accept the Word of Wisdom, because I was pretty much already living by those guidelines. However, over the years since my anxiety attacks decreased dramatically, and my love for coffee returned, it has become a very difficult thing for me. I absolutely love the taste of coffee, and even though I would never drink caffeine again in my life (caffeine still makes me jittery and anxious), I have slipped up and had a few decaf coffee drinks over the past 2 years. Coffee really is a weakness for me. It's like a drug. Though I haven't had coffee in quite some time now, Whenever I walk past the coffee grinders in the grocery store, or catch a whif off some coffee brewing at the mall, it makes me salivate. I miss it a lot, but it is an obedience issue for me. I know that the one time I give in and buy one, it will become OK for me to do it again in my mind. Growing up non-LDS and having two parents who have drank a pot of coffee each for the last 21 years, has made it a real struggle for me. I was raised so differently from how the Gospel teaches us we should live, and it is always a day by day struggle. I know it is worth it though and that is why I continue on. So anyways, I am rambling, but this silly little quiz was right, I AM weak against coffee!

Become a God or Goddess.
by zerogirl
Name:
God/Goddess ofAnger
Element:Earth
Animal Companion:Fox
Weak againstCoffee
Weapon:Foil
Created with the ORIGINAL MemeGen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home