Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I have little Princess Lea (sp?) buns in my hair today. I am feeling childlike. The childlike Empress. I miss that movie....that was one of my favorites as a kid. I always thought the Luck Dragon looked like a big white dog, and it made me laugh a lot. And not to mention, Atreyu (sp?) was forkin-A hot. My nephew decided that his cereal would be far more tasty if he dumped it on his lap a few minutes ago. I don't think his Mommy is very happy right now. Little kids are so great, they have no sense of reality yet, they are so innocent. In his mind, dumping his cereal over was probably a really fun thing to do, especially since you can make some wicked milk finger paintings on the table and floor, at least, that's what my kids do. One time Hollie snuck a small glob of hot pink playdough back into her room and proceeded to smear it in very thin layers all over the walls. Let me tell you, dried hot pink playdough is like liquid nails. That stuff would NOT come off. I had to chip at it, and it took off some paint as well. Her entire room is painted in hot pink paint scribbles anyways...But she seemed to have gotten it on every piece of white trim she could reach with her little devil hands. Sometimes...Motherhood gets so overwhelming that you want to scream. It always redeems itself, and there is nothing more precious than sweet little baby kisses that leave slobber all over your face. Or when your child finally is old enough to be able to say "I love you" back. Even though it sounds like "A wad doo", it still melts your heart. Hollie will be 3 years old on the 16th of this month, and this totally wigs me out. I don't feel like I am old enough to have a 3 year old...I'm still 14 right??? Oh man, I'm 21 already. Weirdness. My son is approaching a year and a half....A whole year and a half since I was pregnant...And scared to death lying on an operating room bed, waiting for a surgeon to slice me open and pull my child out into the world. My Mam was so right, time does fly, and I know the next time I blink Hollie and Bubba will be saying "see ya" and heading out the door. I have the song "Paper Bag" by Fiona Apple stuck in my head for some reason. I will leave you with my favorite part...
"Hunger hurts, but starving works, when it costs too much to love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home