Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Monday, November 15, 2004

I went to my first OB visit today. It was very uneventful. Until the end of the visit that is. As we were leaving, we were going over some insurance info, and found out that the plan we were going to keep on COBRA really stinks. So we had to pay out of pocket for the first visit, and it was over $100, ouch. THEN as we are setting up my next appointment in 4 weeks, the receptionist asks me what time of day would work best for us, and since I will be in training at T-Mobile during that time, until 3:30 in the afternoon, I asked for the latest in the day. The latest she could offer was 3:15, which is NOT do-able for us at all, since while in training there is an extremely strict attendance policy. So basically 2 seconds after we fork over a hundred bucks, we find out this doctor will never be able to see us due to his working schedule. I was really ticked, becausde if we found another doctor who was open later, we'd still have to pay for the first visit THERE all over again! I really like my doctor and I didn't want to have to get a new one just because of a time conflict. So my husband asks the girl if she can just ask the doctor to see us a half an hour later just this once, and after we're done with training we can work out our schedules with T-Mobile better. She didn't seem willing to help us at all, but she went and got his nurse. She basically just told me not to worry, and to skip a month, and come in after the 7 week training is over. So they set up another appointment for me then. I will be 15-16 weeks pregnant by then, and I am skeptical about waiting that long, especially since I had massive complications with my first baby, but what can we do? Nada. So I won't be going to the doctor again until mid-january. If I feel the slightest bit paranoid that something is wrong I am not going to hesitate to call his butt after hours.

I took the kids to Jamba Juice this evening for their neo-pet tigerfruit juice smoothie with magic crystals. It was so cute, and very tasty. Then, My sister and I went to check out the new super target store. We were in awe and we stared at everything as we walked around the store starry eyes. They had a whole lotta stuff for just a dollar, and my eyes were twinkling at the thought of stocking stuffers! They had everything from groceries to nice furniture, and the store was even bigger than Wal-mart.

I still love it here, I am so glad we came to Colorado instead of rotting in Decatur. We've gotten some pretty snow since we've been here, but nothing too terrible.

I don't really have much else to say. I feel fine still, a little fat but no sickness or anything yet. I have no energy but thats to be expected when you're pregnant and you have 2 toddlers to chase after. I will update again in a few days. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home