Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

I am home now, still hurting pretty bad so I will summarize this as much as I can. On Wednesday night I started having very regular braxton hicks contrax but I ignored them since they didn't hurt at all. The next day I drove to Denver to pick up my kids from the airport and was consistently having them every 10 minutes for like 5 hours. Then they started hurting. When we got stuck in traffic I started to panic a little. It took us over 3 hours to get home, but I was so excited to have my kids back that I pushed the pains I was having to the back of my mind, after all, they weren't like REAL labor pains. Ha. I called my doctors after hours # and they told me to get my butt to the hospital, which I almost didn't do because I thought they would just tell me they were braxton hicks and to drink more water or something, but since I had already called I went in. Good thing I did. I was in the labor and delivery area for about 5 minutes before they checked me, and I was only dilated to a two, but when you're not supposed to be in labor in the first place, the nurses seemed a little worried, but at this point chunk was stil at work 30 mins away because we weren't really sure if baby was coming yet or not. Well nature decided to choose for me about 5 minutes later when my water literally EXPLODED. Water does not just break, it freakin' shoots out everywhere. Then my contractions immediately picked up to a very intense level and I was being prepped for surgery. I called Chunks boss and he was speeding down the highway as I was being put into a wheelchair to go to the operating room. The doctor was cool and decided we could wait a couple minutes for him, and he walked through the door just as I was about to get my spinal!!! When the docxtor opened me up, he got very serious and told us to think VERY hard for the next 2 minutes whether we wanted to have nore kids or not, because my uterus had started rupturing. If i would have waited any longer in labor, there is a really good chance me and Taylor would have died. The doctor said if it would have totally ruptured I could have bled to death in less than 3 minutes. Luckily, the old c-section scar had just barely started coming apart, so they were able to repair it, but he REALLY wanted to tie my tubes right then and there, and stressed the dangers of me getting pregnant again. I was in total shock with him telling me this as I am lying on an operating table, and the doctor decided tying my tubes in a state of duress was a bad idea, and that they would repair the rupture and let me think about it, but I HAVE to get on good birth control in the meantime. So we definitely have lots to fast and pray about. From the minute I walked into the hospital to get checked, from the time Taylor was actually born, it was less than an hour. It was a whirlwind and I still can't believe it happened.
After surgery I had some bleeding complications, and my blood pressure dropped dangerously low a few times, and I had to have shots of some kind of clotting medication as well as an IV of pitocin for almost 48 hours to get my uterus to clamp down and control the bleeding. I feel like crap to be honest, it hurts to sit, it hurts to lay, it hurts to stand, walk, kneel, I just hurt. If any of you know about my panic attacks and the reasons why I don't take narcotic drugs, you will be shocked to know that last night I caved in and took half of a vicoden. I have a prescription for percocets but I am still too scared to take them, so I am putting along on 800 mg motrins. I am going to post a few pics now, and try to find a comfortable way to lay down in my bed, and I will be back sometime to update you all!

Since Tabi said I looked like a doll..i just HAD to post a more realistic hideous picture of what I looked like just a couple hours after my surgery... EEEEEEK!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dad and Baby

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Going home!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home