Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Saturday, May 22, 2004

My chunk left...And man I miss him already so much. He left Thursday afternoon. That was a lonely drive back from Springfield,and a lonely trip up the stairs to our lonely apartment. Ugh. We had a really great visit though, and I feel like we're much closer. We were super close before, but now it's a whole new level. I am so thankful to have met him, and have him in my life, and my kids lives. They love him so much! The day after he left Hollie was having an argument with me over the fact that he was gone. She said, " Where Chunk Mommy?" and I told her he went back to Colorado, and she screamed , "NO MOMMY! WHERE CHUNK???". HeHe. It was really cute, she just did NOT believe he had gone. Bubba just toddled around the house investigating. He hasn't gotten lippy with me yet. Oh my, I just morphed into my mother. She used to always say, "Don't get lippy with me girl." Yikes.

I am my mothers daughter. I look just like her too. I wish I could get some pictures of her from when she were my age scanned onto a computer so I can make a site comparing us. I look just like she did, only fatter, haha. My mom was a size 0 for most of my life, until she got older and had my sister MeMe who is now 10. She's still pretty little. She's barely 5' tall, and that's really stretching it. I come from a long line of tiny people. My Mom's mother, we call her Mamaw, is about 4'11". My dad is not that huge, I think he's 5'10". My fathers Mother is about 4'10" I think. She's realllllly itty bitty. I am 5'3", and My sister Carie is 5'4". We're the "tall people" in our family. My 10 year old sister MeMe is actually tall for her age, but I don't thikn she's taller than my mom just yet. My older sister Lorie is 5'9", but she has a different dad than the rest of us. Sorry to turn this into a confusing genealogy page. Hehe. I stopped growing in 8th grade. I know this for a fact because at my parents old house in Colorado Springs (the house my sister Carie lives in now) there is a wall right by the kitchen where we marked our heights for a couple of years. When I was 19 I went to Colorado for a couple of months and I stood next to the last mark, from when I was 13, and I was exactly the same height. I bet all that coffee stunted my growth, my Mamaw always told me it would. She would say, coffee will stunt your growth and turn your heels black. Weird huh?? Anyways, My height and my shoe size are still the same as they were when I was 13. I even have a couple of pairs of shoes that are probably that old.

Speaking of Genealogy, I really want to attempt to start mine again. I started a horrible, and failed attempt at it a few years ago right after I was baptized. My Dad's side is a piece of cake, because my Grandma has it all mapped out already, but my Mom's side is a total nightmare. Nobody knows anything!! I couldn't even get a good starting off point. I was also running into all this stuff I would have to pay for to get records of etc, so I got frustrated and abandoned it. I am going to try this again, after the wedding of course, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew this summer. I have some new resources some of the LDS chat people have given me, and it seems promising.
Ok, this was a whopping blog entry, but I feel redeemed now for neglecting it. Hope everyone made it to the end of this one!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home