Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Monday, May 24, 2004

I've decided to start photoblogging. Along with each days entry, I will post a picture of some kind. Blogger has this really nifty tool to automatically add pics to the blogs. It is way less hassle than uploading the pictures to photobucket and then linking it to the blog.

Hollie and Bubba are attempting to take a nap at the same time, in the same room today. I can hear Bubba crying already and I am wondering if Sissy is torturing him. ok, I went to check, she wasn't doing anything, in fact, she was actually laying down in her toddler bed with her Chicky blanket and her kitties. She has 2 beanie baby type kittens, one is Brownie and the other is Pinky. One is pink, one is brown, duh. She treats them like her babies. She takes really good care of her lil babies too. She even dresses them in doll clothes. It is really funny, she is such an odd child. Bubba Blue is still my baby. He still has a little baby face, and even though I can see the tell-tale signs of growing up emerging, he still has a lot of infantile behaviors. Probably because I baby him still. I know you all think I'm gonna turn my son into a wuss, but so what, he's my cuddlebuddy. I don't believe in that macho poopoo anyways. I don't think you can turn a boy gay or make him into a weenie just by giving him lots of love. I learned in my sociology class that if we let our sons play with "girl toys" it will actually help them to become better fathers and more compassionate people. If a boy doesn't play with baby dolls or play house, how else is he going to learn how to be in those roles when he's older? It all begins now, even at their young ages. I know some guys would rather die than let their son play with Barbie, but I think it's ridiculous to assign a gender to certain toys. They are just innocent little kids for pete's sake.

Ok, off the soapbox.
This is a very busy week. Tomorrow Abbey comes back to Decatur. She is finally escaping the boyfriend who has treated her like dirt for the past year. I am really proud of her. She gets in at 8 tomorrow morning. Then at 4 pm we have a birthday party for Hollie and Bubba's cousin Tori. She will be turning 3 years old. Then Thursday my ex husband flies in to take the kids for a few days. He is going to Korea for a year, and then to Guam for 15 more months so he is coming to tell the kids goodbye. I am not looking forward to Thursday one bit. I am really feeling sick about handing over my precious babies to a man who hasn't seen them but 3 days in the last year. His Mom is going to be staying with them to help him out, since he obviously has no idea how to raise children. We moved when bubba was only 4 months old, and we were spending so much time apart before that. He never really did much for them, it was always me. I am not writing this for attention or a pity party. I love my children so much, and I am just worried about them. My ex husband never had much interest in being their caretaker. When he divorced me he just handed over full custody to me, and he has never taken advantage of his visitation rights. I am sure they will be fine, I just worry too much. I should be happy that he is showing an interest now, but to me it's like too little too late. He's coming to see them for a couple days before he drops out of their lives for 2 years. I kind of wish he'd just leave them be, they have been fine living here without him.

Off of my second soapbox now.
I think I am going to run down and take the trash out while my children are confined to their bedroom. I can also throw my laundry in yay! Ahhh the life of a single parent. A shower is almost a luxury. I will add some photos later. I love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home