Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Today was a great day. At 9 am Sam (teacher) came to pick me up and I had fallen back asleep while waiting, so I made us a tad late. We drove to Springfield to the college radio station to talk about our performance and stuff. There was a lady there who does colored pencil art and she also makes these incredible horse heads. It was like a giant my little pony, only much more realistic. I expected it to whinny at me at any moment. So we read some poetry from our thinger and I felt that I did not do such a great job. One, I was very very nervous, Two, I thought my own voice sounded stupid on the headphones. So that was that. After we were done Sam (not teacher) told us about a place that has free samples of seafood. I was all about it, because anything free is swell in my book. It was way more awesome than I had expected. The food was something like you would find at a nice restaurant. They had yummy sushi, and the California rolls were to die for. That is now my new favorite place to buy seafood. One of these days I am gonna go over there and buy them out of California rolls and indulge myself. The fish was amazing, I have never seen anything so fresh from the sea in Illinois. It was a good first portion of the day. When I got home I took a short nap and then gathered my cojones and went next door. Again, I was treated as if I did not exist, but I was not there to see him, I was there to let my son open his belated birthday gifts. I had been waiting to have his birthday party until his father got to town, but had I known things would be this bad, I just would have had his party when I wanted to. I am so sick of doing things to please others, I am going to start being selfish and doing the things I want for a change. Especially school. I know nursing is not for me, so I am not going to play the charade any longer. I will end this before I leap on my soapbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home