Musings From A Psycho Hosebeast Woman

Random thoughts, rants, and saucy romance stories.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I am now officially Mrs. Chunk! A lot has happened since I left, I don't even know where to begin.
We left Illinois on June 12th and started our caravan to Colorado. Chunk and I in our van, the kids and ex in laws in a Suburban following us. It's a 14 hour drive out there, and we had a lot of long stops so we were kind of speeding to make up the difference. Actually, it was my ex mother in law who was the speed demon, and we were trying to keep up most of the way. About 10 minutes from the Colorado border, in Goodland Kansas, a police officer did the coolest trick I've ever seen. He pulled 2 cars over at once. Us, and The speed demon. We both got tickets. Chunk's first ticket ever too. Hehe. I found the whole thing rather amusing, aside from the fact we'd have to fork over $125.
We made it to Broomfield and the kids, Chunk and I stayed at his parents house for a few days before heading down to Colorado Springs to stay with my little sister Carie. We had a lot of fun. We got married on Saturday, June 19th in Broomfield at the LDS church building. We were married in the chapel. I was excited because I had heard a rumor that marriages were no longer allowed in the chapel and had to be done in the relief society room. We had a very short ceremony. I am going to type out the vows we said tonight after children go to sleep. We had a lovely reception and then we headed to a bed and breakfast in Arvada Colorado for the night. The next day Chunk and I headed to Utah for our honeymoon. We drove to Moab first, and stayed the night there. We went to Deadhorse Point and peered over the edge. It was freaky. The next day we hiked around the Arches National Park. I never realized how much of a desert Utah is. It's really hot and dry and there is lots of red dirt everywhere. The Arches were beautiful, and I took a bazillion pictures of all of this stuff, I just need to get them all developed.
After Moab we headed to Cedar City for the night. We met up with one of our chat buddies, Brent. He is 6'8". He had to duck to get into our hotel room. We shared our wedding cake we brought on our journey with him and took pictures. It was really cool getting to meet him. We didn't do anything else in Cedar besides hanging out with Brent.
We traveled to Salt Lake City to do some sightseeing. We went to Temple Square and saw the movie "Testaments" in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was so awesome, and it made us both cry. We met one of our other chat buddies Karin, and her husband Ron. On our second day in SLC we had lunch and dinner with them. They were very hospitable and it was a blast chatting with them in person. We went to Temple Square again that day and also the ZCMI Center. I got my first CTR ring and squealed like a little girl. I was bummed that I couldn't find a pink one in my size anywhere. At Deseret Book they told me the manufacturer stopped making them. Shucks. On our Third and final day in SLC we met up with chunk's cousin Roger and his wife Carrie. They have a new baby named Mikaela. We had a great time with them walking around Temple Square and the Conference Center. That night we had the pleasure off hearing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practice in the tabernacle. It was so beautiful. Chunk and Roger had a good time reminiscing and being rowdy. It was really cute.
We started our journey back to Colorado and we stayed there 2 more nights before heading back to dreaded Decatur. I want to move out west so bad. We really loved Utah and Colorado so much. We got home Monday around 2 am. Today Chunk's parents are due to arrive with the rest of our wedding gifts and miscellaneous stuff. We made out like bandits with wedding gifts. We treated ourselves like Kings on our honeymoon too. Thanks to all those who pitched in on the chatroom gift!! And Noelle, you signed our card sooooooo cute and creatively, we loved it! I think that's all. I wanted to summarize everything while I had the chance. We'll have company for the next few days so I won't have a chance to blog again just yet. I will try to post a couple of pics real fast...don't kill me if I don't get the chance too. Love you all!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home